Specialist teachers hold an additional, post graduate qualification in autism and have extensive experience of working in autism consultancy. Send Supported works with schools and families to better understand young people’s underlying communication and interaction barriers to learning. Difficulties may be associated with autism, ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition), AS (Asperger Syndrome), PDA (Pathological Demand Avoidance) or Communication and Interaction difficulties not otherwise specified. We provide individually tailored support and advice, working with young people, families, teachers, SENCOs and senior leaders to remove the barriers that autism can create both socially and academically. Support can include:
- A range of informal assessment approaches – observations of the learner in class, structured conversation with the learner, teaching staff and families.
- Direct work with a learner to find out their views and wishes.
- Screening of a learner’s sensory processing characteristics, with advice and guidance.
- Support to carry out a sensory environmental audit of learning environments, with advice and guidance.
- Advice on setting up and resourcing autism-friendly learning environments.
- Support for pupils who experience high levels of anxiety.
- Meetings with schools and families to plan provision.
- Access to some free transition support.
- Attendance at termly and annual reviews.
- Attendance at school-led, parent groups.
- Training for teachers and teaching assistants around the delivery of specific interventions or to raise awareness and understanding of autism and its impact on learning.
SEND Supported Referral Form
For pupil support in school please complete a referral for an initial consultation. Please download a copy of the SEND Supported Parent/Carer Consent Letter, to be signed by the parent of the pupil you are referring. Download Privacy Notice with Consent Letter
Ts & Cs
- T/C response within 2 working days of referral.
- Named autism specialist allocated and in touch within 6 working days of referral.
- Work charged at the current Standard Hourly Rate of £100, minimum purchase 2 hours
- At the end of the work any agreed written reports/visit reports will be provided electronically within 10 working days.
- Consultant hours need to be used in full, before the end of the purchase period.
- Subject to consultant availability and with 24 hours notice, scheduled visits may be able to be rearranged.
- Hours lost from cancelled visits, owing to SEND Supported illness, will be rescheduled at no extra cost.