SEND Supported works in partnership with young people, their families, schools, colleges, universities and workplaces to tailor individual support, provided by specialists. SEND Supported offers bespoke training to equip staff with the knowledge and understanding they need to enable young people to make progress.
SEND Supported embraces difference and works flexibly and creatively to develop personalised approaches to learning. We are committed to collaborating with colleagues from education, health and social care, putting the needs of the young person at the heart of what we do.
We can lead a Whole School SEND Audit so that schools can plan strategically, prioritise pupil needs and deploy resources in the most effective way. We recognise our corporate social responsibility to contribute to the communities we work in and do our best to promote equality, diversity and inclusion.
SEND Supported recognises its responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. In accordance with statutory guidance, we employ a child-centred approach, based on a clear understanding of the needs and views of the children and young people we work with.
SENDsupported works with schools and families to better understand young people’s underlying barriers to learning, including challenges that may be associated with attachment difficulties or trauma of some kind. We provide individually tailored support and advice, working with young people, families, teachers, SENCOs and senior leaders to remove the barriers that attachment difficulties can create, both socially and academically.Find Out More
SEND Supported offers a range of training courses which can either be delivered in school or offered as individual delegate training at SEND Supported in Warwick. Training can be delivered in full day, half day or twilight sessions. This year's Free NQT programme includes sessions on Autism, Sensory Processing Differences and Memory & Processing Skills. All delegate based training courses are displayed on the What's On pages of this website.Find Out More
Specialist teachers hold an additional, post graduate qualification in autism and have extensive experience of working in autism consultancy. Our goal is to better understand young people’s communication and interaction barriers to learning. Difficulties may be associated with autism, ASC, Asperger Syndrome, PDA or Communication and Interaction difficulties not otherwise specified.Find Out More
Specialist teachers hold an additional, post graduate qualification in developmental language disorder and have extensive experience of working in language consultancy. Working with schools and families, we support learners with speech and language difficulties to achieve to their potential. We offer support to implement strategies in the classroom, in conjunction with SALT advice and guidance.Find Out More
Specialist teachers hold an additional, post graduate qualification in cognition and learning and have extensive experience of working in related consultancy roles. We promote progress for learners with cognitive barriers to learning. We use informal assessment approaches to create personalised programmes and inform access arrangements.Find Out More
Specialist teachers hold an additional, post graduate qualification in specific learning difficulties and have extensive experience of working in dyslexia consultancy and diagnosis. We support schools and families to understand the impact of dyslexia differences for learners. We also work with university students and adults in the workplace, while maintaining links with the South Warwickshire Dyslexia Association.Find Out More
Specialist teachers hold additional, post graduate qualifications in special education and have extensive experience of working in SEMH consultancy roles. SEND Supported works with schools and families to better enable learners to achieve to their potential. We offer tailored support for schools to help meet the individual needs of their learners.Find Out More
SEND Supported helps families to better understand and manage their child's special educational needs and disabilities.Find Out More
What our clients say...
- Over the past 10 years Bidford School has benefited directly from Clair's excellent work which has enhanced our provision for pupils with SEND. I recommend Clair's work without hesitation.
- Fantastic training session from Clair and Lucy. I learnt a lot and have taken away useful strategies for supporting dyslexia and autism. A really informative afternoon – a lot to think about!
- Clair’s support and guidance has enabled me to flourish within my academic studies and development of self-belief.
- We can’t thank you enough Jo for all the support you have provided for G over the past five years. You have helped the whole family understand G's needs and so wonderfully celebrated his strengths. Thank you.
- You have done some wonderful work. I have frequently been filled with warmth knowing these vulnerable young people have been supported by such skilled, warm and understanding people.
- To encompass everything George did for my family over the years and what he meant, especially to me was extremely difficult to put into words. I wouldn't be who I am today without his input. Your company and George's memory should be celebrated for what you all do.
- Lucy has the child at the centre of her thoughts at all times. She is highly credible - an ultimate professional in every situation and someone that completely understands how life for an autistic child and their family must be.
- Lucy - the NQT autism training was a really useful session and brilliantly presented. It was delivered in a very professional but open and friendly way - thank you Lucy!
- Leo has been amazing over the past 12 months. The difference to D and us has been significant. He was miserable and anxious and didn't want to be at school at all. He is now happy and included and his needs are understood - he is once again engaged in school and learning.
- What the team offer is priceless to a family in desperate need of support and guidance, so thank you for being there, for listening and helping us move forward. I know we couldn't have done it without you. Clare & Steve Dolphin
- Jules, we now have a much better understanding of S's difficulties. We have changed (and hopefully improved!) the way we interact with him which is having a positive effect on the whole family. Many thanks again for all your advice and support.
- Leonie, your passion, expertise, experience and positivity is so refreshing. My SENCo and I are very excited to be working with you.
- Clair's expertise, her diligence and her confident and supportive manner have provided us with highly professional documentation and sound judgements enabling us to to obtain the appropriate support for our pupils.
- Thank you dearly Leo because if it weren't for you I wouldn't be quite who I am today. You're a fantastic teacher and I'll never forget you.
- Leo has always provided experienced, knowledgeable support in helping me to work with pupils with a variety of Special Needs. Leo is full of common sense, has an excellent sense of humour and adults and young people alike warm to her quickly.
- Lucy and Jules are so passionate and have such a wealth of knowledge about autism. They are always willing to help in any way they can.
- I cannot thank you and Lucy enough for all the help and support you have given me and my family over the past several weeks. Lucy has been so supportive, compassionate and knowledgeable throughout this ordeal, I don't know where we would have been without her.
- George, meeting you inspired me to change my career to help others with autism and SEND. Thank you for all your help over the years.
- Leonie, I attended the Bereavement Forum at Myton Hospice yesterday and I found your presentation inspiring. I do not work with children however, I found your knowledge and content of the subject fascinating.
- I cannot begin to express my gratitude to Leo. She has been a true guiding light in very murky waters, and she has remained an essential support and warrior for my son's needs. Leo is exceedingly empathetic and understanding, and is unafraid to be a voice for the child. Her expertise is invaluable, as too is her warm and friendly nature.