Cognition and Learning
Specialist teachers hold one or more post graduate qualifications in SEND and have extensive experience of working with children and young people with additional cognition and learning needs and their schools and families. SEND Supported works with schools and families to better enable learners to achieve to their potential. We can offer a variety of support for schools to help them meet the individual needs of their learners.
- A range of informal assessment approaches – observations of the learner in class; discussion with learner, teaching staff and families.
- Creation of personalised literacy and numeracy programmes of work which are reviewed and updated regularly with the school.
- Assessments which provide a clear profile of the individual’s learning strengths and difficulties, taking account of underlying ability, cognitive processing skills, literacy and numeracy attainment as appropriate.
- Meetings with school and families to plan provision for the learner both in school and at home.
- Attendance at termly and annual reviews.
- Assessments for Access Arrangements from SEND Supported colleagues who hold relevant Level 7 or APC qualifications.
- Training for teachers and teaching assistants around the delivery of specific interventions or to raise awareness and understanding of learning differences.
SEND Supported Referral Form
For pupil support in school please complete a referral for an initial consultation. Please download a copy of the SEND Supported Parent/Carer Consent Letter, to be signed by the parent of the pupil you are referring.
Ts & Cs
- T/C response within 2 working days of referral.
- Named specialist teacher allocated and in touch within 6 working days of referral
- Work charged at Standard Hourly Rate of £105, minimum purchase 2 hours
- Named specialist in touch within 5 working days of referral
- At the end of the work any agreed written reports/visit reports will be provided electronically within 10 working days.