Developmental Language Disorder
Specialist teachers hold one or more post graduate qualifications in SEND and have extensive experience of working with children and young people with language needs and their schools and families. Send Supported works with schools and families to better enable learners with speech and language difficulties to achieve to their potential. We offer a variety of support to help schools meet the needs of the individual learner, including:
- A range of informal approaches – observations of learner in class; discussion with learner, teaching staff and family.
- Assessments which provide a clear profile of the learner’s language strengths and difficulties.
- Advice on strategies to promote understanding and development of vocabulary; and support learning.
- Support to implement strategies in the classroom, in conjunction with Speech and Language Therapy (SALT) advice and guidance.
- Meetings with school and family to plan provision for the learner, both in school and at home.
- Attendance at termly and annual reviews.
- Training for teachers and teaching assistants around the delivery of specific interventions or to raise awareness and understanding of language needs.
SEND Supported Referral Form
For pupil support in school please complete a referral for an initial consultation. Please download a copy of the SEND Supported Parent/Carer Consent Letter, to be signed by the parent of the pupil you are referring.
Ts & Cs
- T/C response within 2 working days of referral.
- Named specialist teacher allocated and in touch within 6 working days of referral
- Work charged at Standard Hourly Rate of £105, minimum purchase 2 hours
- Named specialist starts work within 5 working days of referral
- At the end of the work any agreed written reports/visit reports will be provided electronically within 10 working days.