PDA Awareness – practical strategies for the classroom
June 5 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Do you work with learners who……
- resist and avoid ordinary classroom demands;
- use distraction and excuses to avoid demands;
- appear sociable but seem to lack social understanding;
- experience excessive mood swings;
- are impulsive?
- Are you looking for guidance on supporting demand avoidant learners?
This course will present the main features of PDA and barriers to learning. It will give you practical strategies to support youngsters in the classroom.
Who should apply: Primary and secondary Senior Leaders, Teachers, SENDCOs, Teaching Assistants, Learning Mentors, Heads of Year, Mid-Day Supervisors.