COVID-secure Practice Update 08/09/21
SEND Supported is following latest government advice given in School coronavirus (COVID-19) operational guidance, Updated 27th August 2021
SEND Supported has continued to work safely with pupils on a face-to-face basis through the last academic year 2020 – 2021. The Government’s priority is delivery of face-to-face, high-quality education to all pupils, reducing the disruption to children and young people’s education. SEND Supported continues to comply with school arrangements for managing and minimising risk, while maintaining safe practices as per government guidance, as summarised below:
- Meet outside, or open windows and doors for indoor visitors.
- Rapid testing using Lateral Flow Devices (LFD)s remains voluntary but is strongly encouraged and will be reviewed at the end of September 2021.
- Where symptoms are suspected, stay at home and take a PCR test.
- Wear face coverings in crowded places.
- Check in to venues.
- Wash hands with soap regularly, and for at least 20 seconds.
- Get vaccinated.
In the event of disruption to schools’ opening, please also continue to refer to our Terms & Conditions
The single most helpful practice we would ask you to remind your staff about is adherence to the 2m distancing rule with all adults.