Educational Psychologists / Laura Meldrum-Carter
I have worked as a qualified Educational Psychologist since 2009, following my doctoral training at the University Of East London and six years as a primary teacher in London, Cornwall and Ecuador. I worked for Worcestershire Local Authority for seven years before going freelance in 2014 and have since worked in schools across the Midlands from my home in Rugby, Warwickshire. I have supported young people aged 3-19 across mainstream and specialist provision, with a wide range of emotional, social and learning needs.
My regular work covers:
- Consultation and training to inform evidence-based intervention, including whole-school approaches. Follow-up review and support sessions are offered for all indirect input.
- Staff supervision, coaching and wellbeing support.
- Personalised assessment and therapeutic work. Individual intervention sessions with children and young people can be based on a range of approaches including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Human Givens, Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SBFT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Personal Construct Psychology.
- Learning assessments, specialising in dynamic approaches, to identify cognitive strengths, weaknesses and optimum learning conditions.
- Organisational change and action research projects including evaluation of interventions.